MEDIA INFORMATION LITERACY EDUCATION
A new online graduate program on Media and Information Literacy and Education (MILE) will be offered by Paulines Institute of Communication in Asia (PICA). In 2020, the Media Literacy Education (MLE) Graduate Program was suspended due to the pandemic. Instead, a new, online program has been designed to continue, with MLE now become MILE.
An MILE Graduate Program with twelve modules
- Each module is offered on five Saturdays.
- The online/synchronous class will be three hours at 1:00-4:00 P.M.
- Offline/asynchronous class will be five hours during the week.
Goals of the Program
- Provide teachers, pastoral workers, parents and guardians with advanced training on media and information literacy and education
- Enriched by Catholic faith and practice
- Responds to the need to effectively integrate media and information literacy in the school curriculum, pastoral work, and family life
Outcome of the Program
- A new or improved MIL programs and materials in schools and parishes
- A community of educators and advocates promoting and enriching media and information literacy and education
Certificate and Master’s Degree
- Students can select any of the modules.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be given at the end of each module.
- Qualified students who want to pursue a Master’s Degree in MILE have to finish all the twelve modules, take a comprehensive examination and write a thesis or prepare a project to be presented in a public forum.
- The New MILE Program will be launched in January 2022.
- Interested students can enroll anytime before the commencement of each module.
For more information please contact PICA:
- Telephone: (02) 8831-1771 local 201; Telefax: (02) 8831-6019
- Mobile Phone: +63 933 205 1399 or +63 995 824 7284
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com